If you have a Santa Cruz property you’re considering renting, there are several important decisions to make. The first is whether to handle all the landlord responsibilities yourself or hire a property manager. Many people are afraid of the costs of a management company. You don’t need to be. Here are seven reasons that property management is a good use of your money.
1. A management company will actually help you to maximize your profits. When you hire a property manager, you have someone whose job it is to fix any issues that come up. They won’t have to wait for you to have time.
2. You’ll get better tenants. Blue Sky Property Management uses an online database of information about possible renters,a to make sure they don’t have a history of skipping leases or a lot of outstanding debt.
3. You’ll save time. Why reinvent the wheel? Our easy online bill pay systems make paying the bills, keeping track of rents, and making repairs a cinch.
4. Stay organized. Our system is set up to keep all financial documents in one, easy-to-access place. This makes accounting for taxes much less stressful.
5. How well do you know the laws governing landlords? At Blue Sky, we’ve been in this business for years. We know the law inside and out and will make sure you’re in compliance. No need to worry about costly fines.
6. Hire a property manager so a professional is dealing with tenants. You don’t want to get too personally involved with your renters. This can result in being too lenient with issues or defensive about complaints. A property manager doesn’t have the emotional investment in the property and so can keep things on a strictly business level.
7. You’ll have peace of mind. With a good property manager, you are able to trust that your property is in the right hands, with the expertise to take care of issues promptly.